So here's what I did that works perfectly:
- Install VirtualBox
- Install a linux variant inside virtualbox
- Set up raw partition access in virtualbox. This is the key step. The user manual for virtualbox does a very good job explaining it, but I've noticed that to use this correctly everything must be run in administrator mode in windows.
- Make a script to automatically mount the virtual raw partition (the ext4 partition)
- Set up symlinks inside the linux os to point to the mounted partition
- Set up samba in the virtual linux os to share the mounted partition
- Set up the virtual network adapter in virtualbox so that the virtual machine has an ip address you can access (try pinging it from windows to test it). Make sure it's a static IP so you always know what it is.
- Access your files through in windows using samba :)
- (optional) turn off the linux os's gui to save memory and processing power, etc.
- (optional) set up a network map so that the partition is always mapped to a specific drive letter (like Z:\ )
Good idea, thanks :)ReplyDelete
I'm swapping back to windows because of a few necessary apps, but I like the symlinks ext filesystems offer and I have a 2TB hdd full of stuff I can't move around!
Faisalabad is one of the biggest cities in Pakistan and the hub of the textile industry. It is widely acknowledged as the Manchester of Pakistan due to its large industrial role. The quality of the fabrics produced in this city has no parallel. In fact, the fabric is something of a specialty of Faisalabad. Many people from all over the country flock to this city for a spot of cloth shopping. We aim to provide you all of the best of Faisalabad at our store. plain black salwar kameez womens , black salwar suit women'sReplyDelete